Western Canadian Bison Burger with Green Tomato Salsa
A burger with a difference - Western Canadian style.
- 4 large green tomatoes-seeded, cored, and diced
- 1 yellow pepper- seeded, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped coriander
- 1 jalapeno pepper- seeded, diced
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml) honey
- 2 tsp (10 ml) rice wine vinegar
- 6 large portabello mushrooms (stems removed)
- ½ tsp (2 ml) canola oil
- 6 bison burgers
- Preheat grill.
- Mix tomatoes, onions, peppers, coriander, jalapeno and ¼ tsp. (1ml) salt in a bowl. Allow to sit for ½ hour.
- Pour off juice and add honey and vinegar. Refrigerate ½ hour.
- Rub mushrooms in oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill on both sides until done.
- Season burgers and grill on both sides until medium rare.
- Layer with portabello on the bottom, salsa, then meat and topped with additional salsa.
- Add coriander to garnish