Delta Bison Salad
A salad that is sure to please.
- 6 cups (1.5 L) of water
- 2 lbs (910 grams) of bison (lean)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of onions
- 2 gloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of thinly sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of thinly sliced celery
- 1 1/3 cup (325 ml) of red peppers
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 dill pickles
For the marinade:
- 1-cup (250 ml) broth
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) oil
- 5 tbsp (75 ml) vinegar
- Bring water and salt to a boil; add carrots, celery, gloves, bay leaf, peppercorns, bison and ½ the onions simmer until meat is cooked.
- In the meantime, cut red peppers in julienne (thin), cut the tomatoes in half and scoop the seeds out, cut the remainder of the tomato in julienne as well as the dill pickles and the onions.
- After the bison is cooked, cool the meat and make marinade using the broth from the cooked bison base. Then slice the bison in julienne and add to vegetables.
- Mix this with your marinade and put this in the refrigerator for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- The salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.