Penne Picante with Bison Meatballs
Prepare this delicious dish that's sure to be a crowd pleaser!
2002 Culinary Competition Participant
- 10 lbs bison ground meat
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cup minced green onions
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- 1/4 cup oregano
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 4 eggs
- Combine all ingredients, mix very well.
- Form into small meatballs (approx. 1 inch in diameter)
- Place on baking sheet. Bake @ 350 F for approx. 10-15 minutes in oven.
- For 1 serving add 8 cooked meatballs to spicy tomato sauce, that has diced mushrooms, onions & asparagus in sauce.
- Toss with Penne and serve with fresh grated Parmesan Cheese and fresh ground black pepper.