Turkish Skewered Burgers
In a hurry? Dazzle your friends and family with this deliciously quick and easy summer recipe. A great option when looking for nutrition and simplicity.
- 1 LB Ground Bison
- 1/2 C. Rolled Oats
- 1/2 C. Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 Egg 1/4 C. Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp. Salt and Ground Pepper
- 1/8 tsp. Hot Pepper Sauce
- 3 Cloves of Fresh Garlic
- 1/2 C. Grated Cucumber
- 1/2 C. Plain Yogurt
- 1/4 C. Mayonaise
- 4 Pita Pockets
- In bowl, combine Bison, rolled oats, onion, egg, yogurt, seasonings, hot pepper sauce and garlic.
- Divide into 8 portions, shape each lightly around a short metal skewer making a 4 inch oval.
- Preheat grill on medium, place skewers on oiled grill rack. Close lid and cook for about 8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink inside, turn once.
- For sauce, in a small bowl, combine cucumber, yogurt and mayonaise, season to taste.
- Makes 8 burgers, 4 servings of 2 burgers each.