Grilled Bison Skewers Teepee on a Hazelnut breaded Brie Salad
A gourmet recipe from Anthony's Restaurant in Jasper, Alberta
- 3x 1oz slices of lean bison(marinated in cranberry juice and honey)
- 1.5 oz brie cheese
- 2 oz ground roasted hazelnut
- 2 oz mix organic lettuces
- 1 oz cranberry dressing
- 3 skewers
- Place each piece of Marinated bison on three 8” bamboo skewers (One piece on each skewer).
- Cut Brie length wise into two circular pieces and bread them in the ground-roasted hazelnut. In a hot frying pan quickly sear both sides of the breaded Brie in olive oil.
- Grill mark bison skewers on both side (careful not to over cook).
- Place your organic salad in the middle of the plate, add dressing. Set the bison skewers in a teepee style over the salad with the Brie on top.
- Serve with fresh fruit slices and grilled pita bread!!!
- ½ cup cranberries
- ¼ cup raspberry vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 table spoons brown sugar
- dash of fresh crushed black peppercorns
- Combine berries, vinegar, orange juice and sugar in a small pot. Bring to a simmer and reduce volume by 1/3.
- Using a hand held mixer or blender; add olive oil and pepper to puree together.
- Leave at room temperature.