Bison Caesar Wrap
Warm and delicious a dish that the whole family will love!
Step 1 - Bison Meatball Recipe
- 500 g ground bison
- 1/2 celery stalk (finely chopped)
- 1/2 small carrot (peeled & finely chopped)
- 1/2 white onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 30 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 ml crushed chili flakes
- 15 ml fresh chopped parsley
- salt to taste
- ground five peppercorn mix to taste
- Combine all ingredients together and check seasonings. Do not overmix as this toughens the meatballs.
- Shape into 15 g balls and bake in 177 C preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until done.
- Remove from oven and keep warm.
Step 2 - 'Wrap' Ingredients
- 1 ripe tomato (medium diced)
- 1/4 white onion (thin diced)
- 1 pc. Warmed garlic naan bread (can be purchased from specialty shop)
- 3 large leaves of romaine (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 20 ml Caesar dressing
- 15 g grated parmesan cheese
Step 3 - Assembly
- Mix romaine, onion, tomato, Caesar dressing, parmesan cheese together to form a salad.
- Cut naan bread in half, fill with desired amount of salad, add 4-5 bison meatballs and wrap up to form a 'sandwich'.
- Can be served with choice of chips or fries.