A Mexican dish for you.
Makes 4 dozen.
- 8 oz. (250 grams) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margarine, softened
- Beat cheese and butter together
- Mix in flour.
- Form into a ball and chill 1 hour.
- 1 lb. (454 grams) ground bison
- 1/2 lb.(230 grams) bacon
- 1/2 tsp. (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp. (2 ml) garlic powder
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp. (2 ml) oregano
- 1/2 tsp. (2 ml) pepper
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) cooking oil
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Mince in a food processor.
- Combine the next seven ingredients and stir fry until cooked.
- Add bacon.
- Chop in a food processor until a fine texture.
- Roll pastry fairly thin on a slightly floured surface. Cut into 3 inch (7 cm) rounds.
- Put 1 tsp (5 ml) of filling in the center of each.
- Moisten half of outside edge with egg. Fold over and press the outside edges with fork tines to seal.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Cut small slits in tops.
- Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 12 to 15 minutes or until brown.