Bison Taco Salad
Weight Watchers Favorite Recipes
- 15 oz. Ground Bison
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1 envelope (1 ¼ oz.) Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 ¾ cup shredded Lettuce
- 1/2 Cup each shredded Carrot, diced Celery, and diced Green Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped Onion
- 1 oz. each Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 2 medium Tomatoes, diced
- 4 Corn Tortillas (6 inch diameter) heated and cut into 6 wedges each
- Spray 10 inch non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium heat; add bison and using back of a wooden spoon to crumble meat, cook, stirring occasionally, until bison is browned and cooked through, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add water and taco seasoning mix and stir to combine thoroughly; bring liquid to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While meat mixture is simmering, in medium mixing bowl combine lettuce, carrots, celery, bell pepper and onion.
- Line serving platter with lettuce mixture; top with bison mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Arrange diced tomatoes around outer edge of platter and serve salad with tortilla wedges.
- Each serving provides: 3½ Protein Exchanges; 1 Bread Exchange; 2¾ Vegetable Exchanges. Per serving: 330 calories; 26 grams protein; 16 grams fat; 22 grams carbohydrate; 211 mg. calcium; 774 mg. Sodium; 85 mg. cholesterol.