Bison Tenderloin with Rosemary Maple Whiskey Sauce
- 4 x 4 oz (110 g each) Bison tenderloin
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp canola oil
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) butter
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) chopped shallots
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) fresh rosemary, chopped
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) Sweet Sippin' Maple Whisky
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) balsamic vinegar
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) dry red wine
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) demi-glace sauce
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) Dijon mustard
- Salt and fresh-ground pepper to taste
- 4 rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Heat a medium sized, non-stick skillet to medium high. Season tenderloins with salt and fresh ground pepper, add oil to pan and when hot sauté the tenderloins until nicely browned on all sides and cooked to required doneness. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add butter, shallots and rosemary to the pan. Sauté until the shallots turn transparent. Deglaze the pan with whiskey, vinegar and red wine, add demi-glaze and Dijon mustard. Whisk to incorporate then simmer until the sauce reduces to a syrupy consistency, correct the seasoning.
- Plate tenderloins, spoon a little sauce to one side of each tenderloin, garnish with sprig of rosemary and serve.