Bison Tenderloin with Venetian Crostini
The rich sauce that enhances the tenderloin makes this entree extra special.
- 6 x 6 oz pc. bison tenderloin
- 6 pc garlic crostini (look for previous recipe)
- 2 tbsp bison liver pate (look for previous recipe)
- 2 tbsp whole butter
- 1 lb shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 6 med. shallots, diced small 1 med. garlic clove, diced small
- 1 qrt. chicken or veal stock
- 1 tsp salt 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- In sauce pan saute shallots, garlic and mushrooms in butter until soft.
- Add chicken stock and seasoning and slowly simmer until sauce is still moist but thick.
- Adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and finish with parsley.
- Use sauce to nap over tenderloin that is placed on top of garlic crostini with liver pate spread.