This recipe makes a cream-puff style pastry that is great served with a soup or salad, or as a delicious breakfast, served with some fresh fruit.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup diced bison smokies or garlic sausage
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan heat water and butter until mixture boils and butter is all melted. Remove from heat.
- All at once stir in flour & mustard, vigorously beating until mixture forms a ball and leaves the side of the pan.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until mixture is smooth.
- Add meat & cheese.
- Drop batter on to a greased cookie sheet, making 12-15 mounds, or into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 F for 35 minutes, or until golden brown. I usually double this recipe and let my dough hooks on my bosch machine do the mixing.