Chuck Roast Very Slowly
For many of us time to prepare an evening meal is in short supply. If you have 10 minutes in the morning a slow cooker can be a good friend. For this recipe I usually use a less tender chuck roast but any bison roast will be great done this way.
- 1 4 lb bison roast frozen
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 coarsely chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup red wine or water
- Mix together onion soup and wine or water in the bottom of the slow cooker, add mushrooms and chopped onion. Stir.
- Add frozen roast, turn to coat with juices, cover and set cooker on high for 3 hrs and then low for 4-5 hrs.
- If you cannot reset the temperature (gone all day) I have found that 10 hrs on low will work fine.
- The juice is very good with the roast, slice it thin. The juice can also be transferred to a pan on the stove top and thickened with flour or cornstarch for a gravy.
- Like all recipes you can play with this adding carrots or turnips etc.