Grilled Bison Flank Steak
This juicy and flavourful steak will whet your appetite.
2002 Culinary Competition Participant
- 2 tbsp gekkekan Sake
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp mirin
- Mix sauce well and keep refridgerated.
- Cut 10 oz of bison flank into strips 1.5" x 5" size
- Cook bison strips on charbroiler until medium rare.
- Heat up a frying pan add a little butter, then transfer medium rare bison into the pan.
- Add sauce and quickly turn the bison strips so that the sauce coats bison strips evenly. Do not over cook, this is to seal in the juice and flavour of the bison.
- This bison meat can be served with rice or pan fried potato and seasonal vegetable.
- Although it tastes fine the way it is but to add a little zest, spicy ponzu, or any steak sauce can also be used.