Hoisin Glazed 'Riverview ' Bison Ribs
Zesty back ribs that your sure to enjoy!
- 1 kg bison back ribs (portioned into 2 or 3 ribs)
- 1 onion (fine chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 stalks of lemongrass (finely chopped)
- 1-2 minced fresh red chilies/jalapenos/2ml. of dried red chili flakes
- 200 ml Hoisin sauce
- 400 ml Oyster sauce
- 200 ml Madras curry powder
- 50 ml Canola/Peanut oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine onion, garlic, lemongrass, chilies, Hoisin sauce, Oyster sauce, curry powder and oil together.
- Using only half of the marinade, brush liberally over ribs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap ribs in foil and let sit in fridge overnight.
- Cook ribs in foil in a 149 c (300 F) preheated oven for 2 hours or until fork tender (bones should easily part from meat with slight pressure).
- Remove ribs from foil, brush more Hoisin glaze and place ribs on broiler for 5-7 minutes.
- Before serving, again brush more sauce onto ribs.