Warm Bison Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
A delicious bison salad that's rich in flavours and texture.
Warm Bison Salad Ingredients
- 4 oz julienne of bison flats
- 2 oz julienne of sweet bermuda onions
- 1/4 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 2 oz julienne of carrot
- 2 oz julienne of celery
- 2 oz julienne of red bell pepper
- 4 oz white wine
- 3 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 3 oz frozen raspberries
- 3 tbsp roasted pecan halves
- Thinly slice bison flats or any other lean cut of bison and toss with olive oil, white wine and cracked peppercorns, set bison aside in refrigerator for 4 to 8 hours.
- Remove bison from marinate and saute over high heat with 1 tbsp of canola oil for 1-2 minutes or until bison meat is fully cooked.
- Add julienne of red bell pepper, bermuda onion, carrot and celery.
- Add 3 ounces of raspberry vinaigrette to mixture and toss vigorously and place on a bed of crisp garden greens and garnish with remaining raspberries and roasted pecans.
Raspberry Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 2 whole cloves crushed roasted garlic
- 1 whole piece roasted bell peppers
- 4 oz bermuda onion
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper corn
- 8 oz olive oil
- 8 oz frozen raspberries
- 4 oz raspberry vinegar
- Place 1 whole red bell pepper in a 400 F oven and allow pepper to roast until outer skin is mostly black.
- Once pepper is roasted place pepper in ice water, (this will help to separate the skin from the flesh) remove seeds and cores from pepper.
- Place roasted garlic, bermuda onions, dijon mustard and roasted red bell pepper in food processor and puree all ingredients into a paste.
- When all ingredients have been pureed into a paste you may start to add your olive oil slowly while food processor is on high speed.
- Finally, add frozen raspberries and raspberry vinegar.
- Makes enough dressing for 4 salads.