Bison Short Ribs
This recipe resulted due to a special request.
- Bison Short Ribs
- Chopped Onion
- Barbecue Sauce
- (Quantities are flexible - figure 1 lb. per person as main course, less as an appetizer.)
- Simmer short ribs in salted water until tender. Ribs should be just covered, adding water as necessary.
- Remove and drain. Place in a baking pan and spread with the barbecue sauce of your choice and cover with chopped onion.
- Bake in a 300°F oven until barbecue sauce seeps through.
- You can substitute an outdoor grill or place in a microwave for 5-10 minutes.
Editor's Note: Bison Short Ribs can be delicious but are generally considered difficult to prepare. It is important that the outer layer and the connective tissue or silver be removed prior to cooking. As your committee approached publication we were disappointed to find we did not have a recipe for short ribs. The above is the result of a special request. Permission for this recipe courtesy of the National Bison Foundation and is published in Bison is Heart Healthy.