Indian Style Grilled Bison
Alberta Bison Association: A Taste of Alberta 1997
Quantity Ingredients Yield: 4 Portions Marinade
- 60 ml ¼ cup Yogurt, plain
- 50 ml 3 tbsp. Onion, minced
- 15 ml 1 tbsp. Gingerroot, minced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 ml ½ tsp. Ground toasted cumin seeds
- 2 ml ½ tsp. Pepper
- 1 ml ¼ tsp. Ground nutmeg
- 500 g 17 oz. Bison round, trimmed
- 75 ml 1/3 cup Mango chutney
- Combine all of the ingredients for the marinade.
- Cut the Bison into cubes of about 1 inch(2.5 cm).
- Add the Bison meat to the marinade and coat evenly. Marinade under refrigeration for 24 hours.
- Thread the Bison on skewers (if using bamboo skewers, be sure to soak them in cold water before using).
- Grill the finished skewers to desired doneness.
- Serve the skewers with mango chutney and a vegetable and starch of your choice. Basmati rice and grilled zucchini is a suggestion.