Grilled Bison Steak Pinwheels
A fast and easy recipe for flank steak.
- 2 flank steaks (1 lb. /450 g) each
- ½ lb (225 g) sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (250 ml) finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (250 ml) finely cupped green onions
- ¼ cup (60 ml) finely chopped fresh basil or
- 4 tsp (15ml) dried basil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced fresh chives
- Pound flank steaks on each side.
- Combine bacon, mushrooms, onions, basil and chives; spread evenly over steaks.
- Roll the meat up and secure with skewers or wooden picks.
- Cut each roll int0 ½ to ¾ inch (2 cm) slices and secure with a wooden pick or skewer.
- Grill over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Remove picks before serving.
Serves 6 to 8