The kids favorite.
Ingredients; Makes 16 Tacos
- 1 lb. Ground Bison
- 2 tbsp. Onion, grated
- 1 ½ tsp. Salt
- Salad Oil
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 cups finely chopped Lettuce
- 1/2 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 16 canned or frozen Tortillas or Taco Shells
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1 cup finely cut fresh Tomato
- Mix together meat, garlic, grated onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and chili powder, brown in skillet in small amount of oil. Mixture should be moist, keep hot.
- Pour oil about l/4 " deep in skillet and heat.
- Fry tortillas quickly, one at a time. Fry on one side a few minutes, just until it starts to puff in center, but not to a crisp. Turn to other side and fold into a half moon shape, making a pocket for filling.
- Hold the top side of tortilla down with a spatula or wooden spoon and fry until crisp on one side, doing the same with the other side.
- Drain shells. Stack shells, open side up in a baking pan and keep hot in a warm oven. If using taco shells, prepare according to package directions.
- When tortillas or taco shells are ready, fill each with 1-2 tbsp, hot ground bison mixture.
- Top meat mixture in each shell with cheese, chopped onion, shredded lettuce and tomato.
- Spoon about 2 tsp. taco sauce on each.
- Taco Sauce: Heat together 1 cup tomato juice, 3 tbsp. catsup, 1/8 tsp. Tabasco sauce and 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce.