Satay and serve.
- 1.5 lbs (900 grams) bison inside round or sirloin tip, cut with the grain of the meat, into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- ¼ cup (60 ml) butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) grated onion
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground coriander
- ¼ tsp. (1 ml) Ground ginger
- Pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced and grated rind
- ½ tsp. (2 ml) Tabasco sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) brown sugar
- ½ tsp (2 ml) ground cumin
- ½ cup (125 ml) Teriyaki sauce
- 8 inch wooden skewers
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and simmer five minutes.
- Pour over meat and leave overnight in the refrigerator, turning periodically.
- Remove meat from the marinade (and reheat it).
- Put five to six pieces of meat of each skewer. You may alternate meat with sherry tomatoes, pepper chunks, zucchini and onion.
- Grill on the barbeque for only five to six minutes, turing once. Do not overcook!
- Pour the reserve marinade over the cooked meat.