Membership is for the calendar year and is due January 1st of each year.
It Pays to Belong
The Canadian Bison Industry ended 2015 in the best economic condition in more than a decade,a condition that is still continuing. Robust consumer demand for bison this past year defied the general economic downturn. Meanwhile, strengthening live animal prices reflect a widespread optimism among producers, processors and marketers alike.
In partnership with the Canadian Bison Association, the Bison Producers of Alberta stands at the forefront of all efforts to keep our industry strong. Your association this year served as a strong voice for bison producers, pursued successful public policy campaigns, actively recruited a new generation of producers and provided the information and resources that ranchers and marketers of all sizes need to build their business.
Consider the value you receive from your CBA/BPA membership:
- Discount pricing on RFID tags
- Discounts on bison events
- Discount pricing on marketing materials
- Regular updates on bison prices
- Regular E-Newsletters with latest bison news, trends and resources
- CBA & BPA Websites (over a hundred visits per day):
- list your business so it is included in the “Where to Buy Bison” consumer search
- submit a classified ad (no charge) to sell or buy animals or equipment
- access to bison production information (hundreds of articles)
- access to current membership directory
- Free subscription to Smoke Signals magazine (published 3 times/year)
- Industry meetings held in 3 (Peace, Central & South) regions in Alberta and across Canada
- Networking opportunities on provincial and national levels
- Marketing at the provincial, national and international levels
- Representation on various provincial agriculture boards
- A voice on provincial and national agriculture, producer and industry concerns
It is also important to recognize that when working with government to develop policies for the industry, there is strength in numbers and a common voice.
A focused group of bison producers at the national and provincial level can bring common issues to the attention of government most effectively.
We thank those members who have already paid their 2023 memberships