Latest Bison News
The Canadian Bison Association, the Bison Producers of Alberta and Elk Island National Park are working together to host the first Bison Festival: “A celebration of Conservation, Culture & Cuisine!”
Saturday August 9th, 2014
12:00 Noon – 8:00 PM
Elk Island National Park, (30 minutes East of Edmonton on Hwy 16)
- Presentations by the bison industry, conservationists and First Nations Peoples.
- Live music entertainment, behind the scenes bison facility tours and a bison themed theatrical performance.
- Visit the displays and shop for ‘all things bison’.
- Learn by talking with bison producers, conservationists and other enthusiasts.
- Enjoy grilled bison burgers and bison smokies.
Bison will be served during the Taste of Edmonton culinary event starting
July 17th until July 26th. With all of the city’s best food and drinks gathered together in Sir Winston Churchill Square, this festival will be sure to hit your sweet spot. Beer or wine, sweet or savoury, gluten or gluten-free, folk music or jazz - Whatever you fancy, you will be able to find it at Taste of Edmonton 2014!
Smoked Bison Carpaccio from Normand’s Bistro (Booth #23)