A great burger recipe for low fat bison meat.
Ground bison is naturally lean and contains less than 10% fat. In comparison, ground beef ranges from 10% fat for extra lean to 30% for regular ground beef. Ask your meat market for the lean content of their ground bison. This recipe is based on 92% lean ground bison.
- 1 lb Ground Bison 450 g
- 4 burger buns, split and toasted 4 salt and pepper
- your favorite condiments
- Shape Ground Bison into four 1/2 inch thick patties.
- Grill covered 4-6 inches above medium hot coals, turning once, just until the pink has disappeared.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Tuck into a toasted bun, top with your favorite condiments and enjoy.
- Per patty: 156 calories; 9.1 g fat; 30 mg cholesterol; 60 mg sodium