A skillet, some bison strips and wow.
- 1 lb. Bison Steak sliced thin
- 1 ½ to 1 cups sliced Green, Yellow and Red Bell Peppers mixed (C&W Frozen Foods have package of frozen peppers that can be used.)
- 1 medium Onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. Cilantro Leaves (fresh or dried)
- 4 large Flour Tortillas
- Spray PAM in a teflon coated skillet, add bison strips. Saute 2-3 minutes just until red disappears. Remove from pan.
- Add onions and peppers and saute for about 10 minutes (since you are using no oil or butter you may have to add a little water to keep from burning.)
- Meanwhile, place 4 large flour tortillas in large plastic zip lock bag; heat in microwave on medium for 30 seconds.
- Return meat to pan with vegetables and add the cilantro.
- Place mixture into warm tortillas.
- Serve sour cream, guacamole or salsa or grated cheese on side.
- Very low fat and calories without the toppings.
Permission for this recipe courtesy of the National Bison Foundation and is published in Bison is Heart Healthy.