Astoundingly tasty for such a simple recipe.
This recipe is for an informal meal that is just as easy to prepare for a big group as for a small one.
- In a large frying pan, sautee chopped onions in oil until just before they turn clear
- Add ground bison and cook until browned
- Add a can of tomato paste and about a cup of water
- Add spices (salt, lots of pepper, even more chilli powder, some oregano and as much cayenne as suits your taste)
- simmer until the water is gone.
Set out the bison with bowls of lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, cucumber, sour cream or yogurt, salsa, guacamole and grated cheeses and tortilla chips. Everybody helps themselves, filling their plate with their favorite ingredients. A fun, informal meal & great for kids. Astoundingly tasty for such a simple recipe.