Head Smashed in Bison Dip
This delicious recipe for a Bison sandwich is sure to satisfy your guests.
Ingredients & Method For One Sandwich:
- 3 oz shaved roast bison top round
- 2 oz thinly sliced applewood smoked cheddar
- 1/4 cup beer braised onions
- 1 tbsp rosemary mayonnaise
- 1 herb foccacia bun
- 1/2 cup horseradish jus
- Rub trimmed top round with kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper and finely chopped rosemary.
- Roast at 325 F until medium (145 F), about 1 1/2 hours.
- Mix 1 tsp fresh chopped rosemary with 1 tbsp mayonnaise.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Using the trim from the top round, make a bison stock and reduce by half.
- Add horseradish, salt and pepper to taste.
Beer Braise Onions:
- Saute thinly sliced white onion over medium heat until golden brown.
- Add 1 cup beer and cook until the beer is almost evaporated. Cool.
Assemble the Sandwich:
- Cut the herb bun in half lengthwise and spread with the rosemary mayo.
- Top with bison, onions and cheddar.
- Using a Panini grill or sandwich press, grill until cheese is melted.
- Serve with warm jus for dipping.