Cantonese Tomato Bison
A cantonese specialty!
Serves 4 Mix together in a bowl, and marinate for at least 15 minutes:
- 2 tsp. Cornstarch
- 2 tsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Dry Sherry
- 1 tbsp. Water
Add to mixture above and stir:
- 3/4 Ib. Bison Stir Fry Strips. cut diagonally into 1/8 inch thick pieces
Stir into meat mixture:
- 1 ½ tsp. Salad Oil
Prepare Cooking Sauce, stir well and set aside:
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Curry Powder
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3 tbsp. Catsup
Prepare remaining ingredients, and have at your finger tips:
- 2 large stalks Celery, cut into 1/4 inch thick, diagonal pieces 1 medium Onion. cut into wedges with layers separated 1 Green Bell Pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch squares
- 3 medium-size Tomatoes; cut each tomato into 6 wedges
- Salt to taste
- 1 clove Garlic. minced
- 1/2 tsp. minced fresh Ginger
- 1/4 cup Salad Oil\
- Heat wok. When hot, add 2 tbsp. salad oil.
- As oil is heating, add ginger and garlic and stir once.
- Add meat mixture and stir fry just until meat is browned (about 1 minute), remove from wok and set aside.
- Pour remaining 1 ½ tbsp. salad oil into wok.
- To hot oil add onion and celery. Stir fry about 1 minute, add a few drops water if wok seems dry.
- Add tomatoes and stir fry 1 more minute. Return meat to wok.
- After stirring Cooking Sauce, add it to wok. Stir until sauce boils and thickens. Season to taste with salt.
Permission for this recipe courtesy of the National Bison Foundation and is published in Bison is Heart Healthy.