Emmence of Peppered Bison/Mushroom Saute
Try this one for your next formal dinner.
Quantity Ingredients Yield: 4 Portions
- 730 g 1 ½ lb. Bison, outside round
- * 100 ml ½ cup Brandy
- 50 ml ¼ cup Red wine
- 65 ml 1/3 cup Shallots
- 15 ml 1 tbsp. Garlic
- 30 ml 2 tbsp. Peppercorns, cracked
- 120 g 4 oz. Assorted mushrooms
- 30 ml 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 250 ml 1 cup Demi-glaze
- 50 ml ¼ cup Heavy cream
- 50 ml ¼ cup Leeks, whites only
- Slice Bison into thin strips (emmence) and marinate overnight.
- Drain Bison meat and vegetables (pat as dry as possible). Reserve liquid for later.
- Sauté Bison and vegetables in small batches to avoid overcooking.
- Remove meat and sauté mushrooms in pan.
- Remove mushrooms and deglaze pan with demi-glaze and liquid from marinade. Reduce by 2/3.
- Return meat, vegetables and mushrooms to reduction.
- Add heavy cream and check seasoning.
- Garnish with strips of leek. Optional: Serve with an assortment of winter vegetables and a wild rice selection.