Prairie Pita Pockets
A Prairie Treat!
- 1 lb (454 grams) sirloin bison steak
- 1 medium sized cucumber, peeled and graded
- 1-cup (250 ml) low-fat, plain yogurt
- 3-cloves garlic, minced
- 2-medium tomatoes
- 1-sweet green pepper
- 2- Pita bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Squeeze excess liquid from graded cucumber; mix with yogurt and garlic, set aside.
- Broil meat for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Slice cooked meat thinly, across grain. Fill pita pockets with bison meat, tomatoes, and green pepper; add yogurt and season with salt and pepper.