Variety is the spice of life.
- 1 lb Ground Bison 450 g
- 1 medium onion, chopped 1
- 15 oz 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained 450 ml
- 16 oz 2 cans peeled tomatoes 480 ml
- 1/2 cup water 125 ml
- 2 tsps chili powder 10 ml
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin 2.5 ml
- 1/2 tsp salt 2.5 ml
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper 2.5 ml
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped 55 ml
- In a non-stick skillet, saute the Ground Bison and onion until the meat is browned and the onion is tender.
- Add the pinto beans, tomatoes, water and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour, adding more water if chili becomes too thick.
- Add chopped cilantro and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- Spoon into bread bowls and garnish with grated cheese or diced jalapeno peppers.
- Per serving of meat: 156 calories; 9.1 g fat; 30 mg cholesterol; 60 mg sodium Per serving of chili: 360 calories; 12.5 g fat (31% calories from fat); 69 mg cholesterol; 30.9 g carbohydrate; 720 mg sodium.