Another great shish kebab recipe.
- 1 lb (450 lb) bison round roast (or kebob meat) cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) basil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) bay leaf
- ¼ tsp (2 ml) black pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Pour Into a glass container and add 1 lb. bison round roast cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator 4-8 hours.
- When done, thread meat onto skewers along with onion, green pepper, mushrooms, potatoes, etc. cut into small 1-2 inch pieces. (Hard vegetable such as potatoes and carrots should be par boiled before adding onto skewers.)
- Cook filled skewers until meat is medium rare over low grill heat.
- Baste occasionally with left over marinade during the cooking process. Serve over rice. Serves 4-5.