Grilled Marinated Bison Medallions delicious over a bed of rice.
- 2 lbs bison roast, cut into 3/4" cubes
- 1/4 cup butter juice from one lemon, as well as grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp tabasco sauce
- 1 small grated onion
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup Indonesian soya sauce or teriyaki sauce (the first preferred)
- salt & pepper to taste
- small 8" skewers
- Cut bison roast into cubes and place in a shallow dish.
- Melt the butter and add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour over meat and cover, allow to sit in refrigerator overnight. Turn container every once in a while for even coverage.
- Remove meat from marinade and place 5 or 6 pieces on each skewer.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side. Do not overcook.
- I place these over a bed of rice and then pour the heated marinated over all, and serve with fresh steamed vegetables. Serves 6 - 8.