Bison Ravioli with Taber Corn & Green Peppercorn Sauce
Meaty Ravioli covered in a rich cream sauce is perfect with a crunchy green salad and crusty bread sticks.
2002 Culinary Competition Participant
Bison Ravioli Ingredients
- 40 grams ground bison meat
- 20 grams natica dairy goat cheese
- 2 cloves roasted garlic
- 10 grams sauteed shallots
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 leaves of chopped basil
- 5 grams minced parsley
- 6 wonton wrapper's
- Combine bison, goat cheese, garlic, shallots, basil, and parsley and mix thoroughly, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lay out 3 of the wonton wraps brush the sides with egg wash, place a tablespoon of the mix in the center of the wonton wrap then take the other wraps, brush with eggwash and cover the mix, take a round cutter and make into a round, cook in boiling water for 5 minutes.
Taber Corn and Green Peppercorn Sauce Ingredients
- 1 pound bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped chervil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 can green peppercorns
- 6 (15 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 litre 35% cream
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups veal glace, season to taste
- In a sauce pan, saute bacon, then add garlic and shallots, cook on medium heat for 3 minutes,
- Add cream corn and half of the peppercorns and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and cream, cook for 20 minutes on a medium heat and puree.
- Then add the rest of the peppercorns and the veal glace and reduce heat until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Then add your chopped chervil and season to taste.