Bison Roast Recipes
Various easy and simple Bison Roast recipes from barbecue to oven and crockpot.
- Take bison roast, shake generously over meat with Montreal Steak Spice, wrap in heavy duty foil 5-6 wraps, let sit for a few hours or overnight.
- Place on BBQ on low heat, flip every 1-20 mins until pink with some fluid, remember this meat also cooks after you have taken it off the BBQ.
- 4-5 lb roast takes approx 2 hours 15 lb roast thawed only takes approx. 3 1/2 - 4 hours Frozen time takes a bit longer add 1 - 1 1/2 hours
This has been done for Golf Tourney's, Special Service Groups, Demo's and Party's.
- Take frozen bison roast add: 1 can mushroom soup, 1 cup water, onion soup mix
- Bake in oven in low slow heat. This makes the meat tender & has lots of gravy.
- First 1/2 - 3/4 have the lid of roaster off to brown meat & darken gravy.
- Take frozen bison roast mix with Montreal Steak Spice|
- Add tea that has been steeped already to cover bottom of pan (Cranberry, Raspberry, Orange Spice, Natives used Black Tea)
- Bake 350 F uncovered until browned, don't let the tea boil out may need to add more
- Once browned as desired approx 1 hr (or less) cover & continue to cook approx 1 hour
- Turn down heat to 325 F and keep warm 1/2 hour
- This meat will cook after you take it out so have it on the pink side if you like it well done. If you like it pink, take it out when you have fluids rise to surface when you push down on it just like steak. Roast is best on the pink side not well done! If the center of your roast is still too pink/red cut off the ends and return the center portion to the oven approx 15 mins, with just this portion in will prevent you from overcooking the rest of the roast and the juices are kept in the roast.
- Set in crockpot just as you do other meat with your preferred seasonings or toppings: Onion Soup Mix, mushroom soup Montreal Steak Spice Push clove of garlic into meat and season
- Cover and let simmer all day and when you return your dinner will be too!