Bison Round Steak
Tender and Tasty!
Make a batter of:
- l 1/2 tbsp. Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- l 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- Mix first 4 ingredients with 1/2 Cup milk and stir till smooth.
- Add the rest of the milk and mix well.
- Cut steak in serving size pieces, flour each piece well, shake off excess flour, dip in batter and drain. Then flour again and shake off excess.
- Cook in deep fat fryer at 325°F, 7 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with a gravy consisting of:
- 1/4 cup Oleo
- 4 cups Milk
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Melt oleo, add milk and mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Blend flour into oil, add to heated milk. Stir until smooth and thickened. Remove from heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Permission for this recipe courtesy of the National Bison Foundation and is published in Bison is Heart Healthy.