Bison Steak Marsala
Bison Steak that has been marinated in Vinegar and Oil.
- Thin sliced Bison Steak that has been marinated in Vinegar and Oil overnight
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Sliced Onions
- Golden Raisins
- Diced Apples
- Marsala Wine
- Fresh Garlic, Onion Powder, Tarragon, Cumin, Shallots
- Gently saute sliced bison in butter until just brown. Set aside.
- Make your demi-glaze brown sauce in the sauce pan, add sliced onions, mushrooms and spices.
- Allow to cook down for at least ½ hour then add diced apples and raisins. Continue to cook until raisins and apples are soft but not mushy.
- Add 3/4 bottle of Marsala Wine and allow to cook down until wine starts to evaporate.
- Remove sauce from pan and add bison slices, then add small amounts of Marsala Special Sauce and allow to cook until bison slices are soft.
- Place on plate: 4 slices bison per plate and pour over more Marsala Sauce.
- Serve with Fondantes potatoes and steamed broccoli, sliced leeks and garnish with orange slice and flowering kale.
Permission for this recipe courtesy of the National Bison Foundation and is published in Bison is Heart Healthy.