Zip up that tired old Thanksgiving bird!
- 1 lb (450 g) ground bison stew meat
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 medium chopped apple
- 2 stalks chopped celery
- 8 cups (2 L) cubed bread
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) fresh chopped sage
- ½ tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 2 cups (500 ml) low sodium broth (chicken or beef)
- Brown bison meat in a skillet over medium heat and place in a large bowl.
- Save drippings and sauté onion and celery until onion is clear.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss well.
- Coat a 3-qt. baking dish with non-stick spray and transfer mixture into dish.
- Cover and bake at 325° (160°C) degrees for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes more until dressing is lightly browned.
- Yield: 16 - 3/4 cup servings. Can be used as stuffing to zip up that tired old Thanksgiving bird!