Bison Wonton Soup
Robust and filling, this hearty soup is full of plump bison wontons. Serve piping hot with a big chunk of whole grain bread and a leafy green salad.
- 2 lbs ground bison
- 1 cup waterchestnuts
- 1/4 cup soy sauce dark
- 8 green onions
- 1/4 cup ginger salt and pepper
- wonton wraps
- Place water chestnuts, soy sauce, green onions and ginger in food processor and pulse till almost smooth.
- Mix well into bison and fill wonton wraps with tablespoon of filling and seal with water.
- 4 litres of chicken stock
- 8 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 6 slices of ginger
- 1 stack of lemon grass
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 4 dried Thai chilis or 4 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sugar salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Then simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and season if needed with salt and pepper.