Try this bison and vegetable wrap with an oriental twist!
2002 Culinary Competition Participant
- 5-6 oz bison Flank
- 1 tortila
- 2 stalks Shyun-Giku (also known as tong ho choy in chinese)
- 1 tbsp shallot frits
- 2 green onion
- Marinate: 1 shallot, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tsp sugar, 2 tsp sesame oil, your pref black pepper, your pref chili powder, 1 clove garlic
- Combine marinate and blend in a blender.
- Slice Bison Flank into - 1" x 5" strips
- Marinate bison at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- Marinate green onion, slice green onion into - 1.5" in length. Wash and squeeze so that it is less bitter.
- Add 1 tsp sesame oil, a dash of vinegar, a pinch of sugar and a pinch of chili pepper.
- Heat pan, add a dash of canola oil, grill bison strips both sides until brown.
- Heat up tortila and add grilled bison, Shyun-Giku, marinated onion, shallot frits and wrap then cut in half.
- Serve with spicy Kim Chee or Spicy Japanese Tsukemono. (Pickle)