Blue Ermite Cheese Sirloin Steak Rolls
Served with buttered pasta with fresh green onions and tomatoes.
- 2/3 lb (300 g) boneless bison sirloin steak
- 1/3 lb (150 g) Canadian Blue Ermite cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- Vegetable oil
- Cut bison steak into 4 rectangular pieces.
- Place between wax paper sheets and flatten with meat mallet to form 4x3 inch (10cm x 7cm) rectangles.
- Season meat to taste with pepper.
- Spread steak slices with half the cheese and top with basil. Roll up and secure with toothpicks or thin string.
- In skillet, heat oil and butter. Cook sirloin rolls over medium heat for 15 minutes, turning several times to brown on all sides.
- Serve with buttered pasta with fresh green onions and tomatoes.