Bison strips, battered and deep fried and covered in a tangy ginger sauce great as a main dish or appetizer.
- 1 lb bison steak, cut into strips
- 1 egg
- 8 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp flour
- Beat egg; add corn starch and flour.
- Toss meat strips in batter, then deep fry in hot oil, keeping strips separated.
- Remove when slightly brown and drain on paper towel.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- Stir fry until tender: 2 tbsp grated ginger root 2 tbsp minced garlic 1 small grated carrot
- Add soya mixture, cooking until thickened.
- Add deep fried meat strips and heat through.
- I usually triple or quadruple this recipe and use as a main with rice. Keeps well for leftovers; also a great appetizer.
- I have also used the sauce recipe for bison meat balls - delish!