Grilled Bison Hanger Steak with Chimchurri Sauce Sweet Corn
Complete recipes for this delightful meal.
A hanger steak comes from the part of the bison tenderloin called the hanger tender. This is a very long cut of meat, part of the end of the tenderloin.
- 4-6 oz. (170 grams) steaks
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 shallots, chopped
- 2 cups (500 ml) of blended oil
- 1 cup (250 ml)) Brandy
- 2 stalks lemongrass, smashed
- 1 head ginger, peeled and chopped
- ½ bunch cilantro, shopped
- ½ bunch thyme
- ½ bunch tarragon
- 4 - lemons, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- For optimal tenderness and flavor, marinate steaks for 24 hours (minimum overnight). Be sure steaks are completely submerged in marinade.
- On a hot grill, cook the hanger steak for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side. Bison steaks are most tender when grilled medium-rare to medium.
- 2 bunches of parsley, clean and chopped
- 2 bunches of oregano, cleaned and chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, cleaned and chopped
- 2 jalapenos, diced and small
- 1 ½ cups (350 ml) red wine vinegar
- 4 cups (1 L) extra virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl, except oil.
- Slowly wisk oil in.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- 4-6 ears of corn, shucked
- ½ pound (228 grams) black turtle beans, soaked and cooked
- 1 small red onion, diced small
- ¼ bunch cilantro, shopped
- 2 jalapenos, diced small
- ½ cup (125 ml) limejuice
- ½ cup (125 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 red bell pepper, small diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, small diced
- Salt & pepper
- Shuck the kernels from the corn and sauté in a hot pan with little oil until tender, about 1-½ minutes. Spread on a sheet tray to cool. Refrigerate. (Corn should not be over cooked. It should still be a little firm.)
- Cook black beans in a pot with water, 1 carrot, 1 celery stick, onion and ½ head of garlic, until tender. Cool.
- Add all ingredients together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut grilled steaks into five pieces, sliced on an angle.
- Place a dot of chimchurri sauce on each slice of steak.
- Place another dot of chimchurri sauce between each of the slices.
- In the center of the plate place a rounded heap of salsa.