Grilled Sirloin of Bison
Treat yourself to this succulent bison sirloin recipe, marinated in herbs and garlic topped with orange cream sauce.
2002 Culinary Competition Participant
- 7oz pieces Sirloin of Bison
- garlic - minced
- Assorted herbs - chopped
- 1/4 cup oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Marinade bison in garlic, herbs, oil and seasonings for 3 - 5 hours (overnight is best).
- Grill to personal taste, but no more than medium as meat will become tough.
- Serve with grilled grits (or polenta) and top with poblano orange cream.
Poblano Orange Cream
- Poblano paste - available at most ethnic sections in grocery stores or specialty Latin shops.
- 1 tbsp poblano paste
- 1/4 cup concentrated orange juice
- 1/2 cup cream
- Whisk ingredients together and reduce.
- Spoon over grilled bison and enjoy!