Breaded bison liver with mushrooms and onions.
- 1 lb (450 g) bison liver
- all purpose flour to coat
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) margarine
- 10 oz (284 ml) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) chopped onion
- 10 oz (284 ml) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 ml) pepper
- 1 cup (250 ml) sour cream
- Dredge liver in flour and brown in 2 tbsp (30 ml) of margarine in frying pan.
- When cooked, inside of the meat should be a light pink. Remove from pan.
- Melt remaining margarine in pat. Add mushrooms and onion. Sauté until onion is soft.
- Add soup, water, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Stir. Heat through.
- Stir in liver. Simmer for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add sour cream and heat through but do not boil.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles or rice. Serves 6