Marinated Bison Roast
A great recipe for a deliciously tender marinated bison roast.
Ingredients & Method
- Marinate a 4-5 lb bison roast overnight. I use a marinade of oil, red wine, bay leaves, onions, and garlic salt, but your favorite marinade will give your roast the flavour you desire.
- Place in covered roaster with small amount of marinade about 10-11:00 a.m.
- Roast in 300 F oven for 1 hour. Turn oven off, leave in oven all day. Don't peek. About 1/2 to 3/4 hour before serving turn oven on to 250 - 300 F and continue roasting.
- Remove and let sit while making gravy from drippings. I often add sliced fresh mushrooms to the gravy.
- Slice roast thinly for serving. Time will vary a little depending on size of roast and how well done you prefer it.
- This generally makes a medium rare roast that is very tender.