Bison and rice meatballs cooked in a tomato sauce.
- 1 lb (450 g) ground bison
- ½ cup (125 ml) uncooked instant rice
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 envelope dry onion or vegetable soup mix
- ¼ cup (60 ml) finely chopped green pepper
- 1 14½ oz (175 ml) can stewed tomatoes
- 12 oz (300 ml) can or bottle of light beer
- 2 tsp (10 ml) chili powder
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flour
- Mix together the meat, rice, eggs, dry soup, and pepper. Shape into 8 large balls.
- In a large skillet, combine tomatoes, beer, and chili powder. Heat to boiling over medium heat.
- Carefully drop meatballs into hot tomato mixture; cover and simmer or bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Lift out meatballs and thicken sauce with 3 Tbsp. flour mixed with some cold water.
- Delicious served with corn bread or muffins. Serves 5-6